Director, Registered Landscape Architect
Damian has spent over 29 years designing public and private environments along Australia’s eastern coastline, including stints in the UK and Asia. His work spans across urban design and landscape architecture and he has enjoyed a long association lecturing and tutoring at Queensland University of Technology.
He has led and contributed to multi-disciplinary teams that deliver award-winning projects ranging in scale from intimate laneways through to major public parklands and urban renewal projects. Damian is passionate about site-specific, community-driven design outcomes and is one of the founding members of the floodofideas project.
In his previous position as design leader and Principal of EDAW he completed several projects of note including the Southport Broadwater Parklands, Tennyson Riverside Residential Development and Wuxi Central Park and CBD Masterplan.
In 2010 after a decade of working together, Damian, Nathalie Ward, John Ilett and Paul Druery formed Lat27.
Since forming Lat27 key projects have included:
- Oxley Creek Transformation Master Plan
- Woolgoolga Town Centre Master Plan
- Parklands Project, Gold Coast
- Kangaroo Point Peninsula: Urban Renewal Strategy
- Pedestrian and Cyclist Bridge, Parramatta
- 900 Ann Street, Fortitude Valley
- Riverlight, Hamilton Reach
- The Link, Coronation Drive Office Park
- Flood of Ideas, Brisbane
- River Edge Public Realm Study, Brisbane
- City Centre Master Plan - Public Realm, Brisbane
- Queens Wharf: City Life Returns to the River's Edge
- Brisbane Showgrounds Master Plan, Brisbane
- The Plaza, Brisbane Showgrounds, Brisbane
- Light+Co Residential, West End, Brisbane
- Urban Edge Apartments, Kelvin Grove
- Northshore Hamilton Parkland and Residential Design
- 363 Adelaide Street, Boeing House, Student Housing
- Norman Creek 2026 Master Plan, Brisbane
- Mackay City Centre LAP and Public Realm Concept, Mackay
- Yeerongpilly TOD Landscape Master Plan Stage 1, Yeerongpilly
- Kurilpa Riverfront Renewal Project, Brisbane
In his previous position as a Principal of a global design company, projects completed of note in-clude:
- Southport Broadwater Parklands, Gold Coast
- Hilton Beach Resort and Spa, Fiji
- Eastern Busway CDIMP